REMAR transforms the lives of the children of Nkuantoma through education
The ONG REMAR is working to improve the living conditions of boys and girls in Nkuantoma, Equatorial Guinea, through an education project for reconstruction that includes the construction of a school, teacher training, and raising awareness among families.
The Education Situation in Nkuantoma:
Equatorial Guinea is a country with significant social and educational inequalities. In the Nkuantoma area, in the Litoral province, the situation is particularly severe. Children in this area face a series of challenges, including:
- High dropout rates and illiteracy.
- Low teacher training levels.
- Lack of basic social services.
- Hostility in the sociocultural environment, including specific roles assigned to girls, sexual violence, and poverty.
Consequences of Educational Inequality:
This situation has serious consequences, such as an increase in extreme poverty, higher repetition and dropout rates, low academic performance, decreased educational quality, low self-esteem among teachers, an increase in the digital divide, and low income and unemployment in the community.
REMAR NGO Works to Improve the Lives of Children in Nkuantoma:
To address these problems, the REMAR ONG has launched an education project for reconstruction in Nkuantoma. The project aims to:
- Ensure access to inclusive and quality education for all children in the community.
- Strengthen the public social and educational protection system for children.
- Promote equal opportunities between girls and boys.
- Increase the economic capacities of people in the area, especially women.
Education for Reconstruction.
The project includes various actions, such as:
- Construction of a school with a capacity for 500 students.
- Provision of suitable furniture and teaching materials.
- Training of teachers in innovative educational methodologies.
- Raising awareness among families and the community about the importance of education.
- Hiring of elementary, primary, and secondary education teachers, as well as an expert in co-education and vocational training teachers.
- Special training for girls and women.
REMAR’s Project Transforms the Lives of Children in Nkuantoma:
The project has already had a positive impact on the lives of children in Nkuantoma. To date, more than 1,000 boys and girls have been enrolled in school, and over 500 have graduated from pre-primary, primary, basic, and high school. Additionally, malnutrition has been eliminated, diseases related to poor hygiene have decreased, and proper nutrition has been maintained for all these children.
Children in Equatorial Guinea Deserve an Education:
Education is a fundamental right that should be guaranteed to all children, regardless of their social or economic background. In Equatorial Guinea, the education situation is particularly severe, with a high dropout rate and illiteracy.
REMAR’s project in Nkuantoma is an example of how everyone’s help can contribute to improving the living conditions of the most vulnerable. This project is changing the lives of thousands of boys and girls, providing them with the opportunity for inclusive and quality education.
You can Change the Future of a Child in Equatorial Guinea:
We invite you to join us in this effort. With your help, we can continue to transform the lives of children in Equatorial Guinea.
Your assistance can make a difference in the lives of many boys and girls. Together, we can build a better future for all.